Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting- "Jean Royer Le Petit Roy 2011"

Jean Royer Le Petit Roy 2011

  • Variety: 100% Grenache
  • Region: Vin de France
    • This wine is a "vin de France," which means that the grapes come from all over the country.
  • Country: France
  • Year: 2011
  • Price: $19.95
  • Shop review:
    • "Deep dark crimson red colour.  The nose displays youthful freshly crushed raspberry aromas followed by some cherry, plum, and spice.  The palate is a youthful essence of Grenache possessing excellent concentration with mouthfilling flavours of raspverry, plum, dark cherry, confectionary, and spice.  Very fine grained well integrated tannins.  Good length with long raspberry, plum, and spice aftertaste.  Cellar 3-4 years (2015-2016)."
  • My review:
    • To me, this wine was extremely acidic and tart.  I had trouble picking out specific flavors because I couldn't get past the strong acids.  I think I tasted dark fruits like raspberry and black cherry, but it was hard to tell.  I was not a big fan of this wine.
  • I did not have this wine with food.
  • Tasted at the Vintage Cellar wine tasting on 03/02/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment