Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tasting- "Shaps & Roucher Meursault Les Vireuils 2006"

Shaps & Roucher Meursault Les Vireuils 2006

  • Variety: 100% Chardonnay
  • Region: Burgundy
  • Country: France
  • Year: 2006
  • Price: $34.95
  • Shop review:
    • "A powerfully rich wine that brings in delicious white and yellow fruit flavors.  It is unctuous, rounded, made richer with toast then given a boost by a streak of fresh citrus acidity.  Good, plump white Burgundy."
  • My review:
    • This wine tasted very different from what I expected.  Unlike other white wines, I tasted strong notes of red fruits.  Additionally, this wine was very mineral-y/earthy and a little bit peppery.  The consistency was a little bit oily.  All in all, this wine was very unique and I really liked it.
  • I did not have this wine with food.
  • Tasted at the Vintage Cellar wine tasting on 03/23/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment