Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tasting- "Damilano Nebbiolo d'Alba Marghe 2010"

Damilano Nebbiolo d'Alba Marghe 2010

  • Variety: 100% Nebbiolo
  • Region: Alba, Piedmont
  • Country: Italy
  • Year: 2010
  • Price: $14.95
  • Shop review:
    • "The new release of our favorite value Nebbiolo adds even more ripe, succulent, red fruits to its elegant Nebbiolo frame.  A fine choice for any Italian wine lover - especially Barolo fans! - who are looking for something delicious to pair with roasted meats and rich stews."
  • My review:
    • This wine smelled very musky or moldy, with hints of red fruits.  I tasted raspberry along with smokey and earthy flavors.  Interestingly, there was a fair amount of sediment at the bottom of the glass once I finished drinking it, which I had not yet encountered in any of the wines I've tasted.
  • I did not have this wine with food.
  • Tasted at the Vintage Cellar wine tasting on 04/13/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment