Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tasting- "Wilson Daniels Sauvignon Blanc 2010"

Wilson Daniels Sauvignon Blanc 2010

  • Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
  • Region: Central Coast, California
  • Country: United States
  • Year: 2010
  • Price: $7.95
  • Shop review:
    • "Orange blossom and citrus permeate the aromas.  Alluring flavors of orange and grapefruit dominate the palate.  Bright acidity balances the plush mouthfeel, resulting in a clean finish."
  • My review:
    • I could definitely smell the citrus notes of this wine.  The taste, however, was extremely acidic, to the point that it was unpleasant.  I think it would be much better accompanied by food to balance out this characteristic.  Acidity aside, I tasted orange and melon flavors. 
  • I did not have this wine with food.
  • Tasted at the Vintage Cellar wine tasting on 04/18/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment